Black Friday is the last Friday in November, the day after the Thanksgiving holiday in the United States, and which traditionally marks the start of the Christmas shopping season. It’s now a major date for sales and discounts. In 2021, Australians spent $8 billion across the four-day weekend, a number that experts are predicting to be exceeded in 2022.
This year, technology is going to see some of the greatest discounts, so keep this list handy as you prepare your Black Friday shopping plans.
Ring is offering up to $100 off over a range of its most popular security products between 17 November and 29 November. The Ring range is easy to use and install, and allow you to monitor your property from anywhere.
Other Ring deals are here.
The e-sports gaming brand of HP is offering discounts of up to 40% from 17 November to 30 November.
Also starting on 17 November, and while stocks last, every purchase of a HyperX product at JB Hi-Fi, EB Games or Harvey Norman will grant a free unlock code for an Animated HyperX Player Card, Animated HyperX Emblem and HyperX Weapon Vinyl in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0.
- Up to 40% off HyperX PC headsets including:
- Cloud II Wireless – now $179. One of HyperX’s most popular wireless headsets. Enjoy up to 30 hours of battery life per charge on PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
- Cloud Stinger S – now $69, featuring virtual 7.1 surround sound, 50mm drivers for immersive in-game audio and a swivel-to-mute microphone at an affordable price.
- Cloud Stinger DTS – now $47, a lightweight and durable headset. A two-year subscription to DTS Headphone:X software is included to provide a more immersive PC gaming experience. The headset is also compatible with consoles.
- Up to 40% off HyperX console headsets including:
- CloudX Flight – now $181, a wireless headset compatible with Xbox consoles and designed for signature comfort and durability. Cloud Flight for PlayStation is also available.
- 25% off HyperX microphones including:
- QuadCast S – now $224, a high-quality USB condenser microphone with four polar patterns and stylish RGB customisation. Perfect for content creators and day-to-day use.
- 30% off HyperX keyboards including:
- Alloy Origins PBT with HyperX Red Switches – now $132, a sturdy full-size mechanical keyboard featuring HyperX Red linear switches and PBT keycaps designed to give users the best blend of style, performance, and reliability. Also available with Aqua tactile or Blue ‘clicky’ switches.
- Alloy Origins Core with HyperX Red Switches – now $118, a tenkeyless version of the Origins keyboard, offering more desk space for sweeping mouse movements. Also available with Aqua or Blue switches.
- 30% off HyperX mice including:
- Pulsefire Haste – now $62, HyperX’s ultra-lightweight mouse. The honeycomb shell design keeps this mouse at 59g, perfect for gamers and everyday users seeking quick and precise movement during use. Wireless version also available.
Huawei Consumer Group (BG) has released plenty of great deals across its wearables, audio and laptops, allowing consumers to pick up new gadgets and gizmos for an unbeatable steal.
Just a few of the best offers by the global tech giant include $600 off a laptop, perfect for back to school, and up to 57% off multi-award-winning true wireless earbuds that will make your friends and family envious. Meanwhile, style fanatics can reap up to 48% on the Watch GT 3 Series selection of crafted watches.
For the stylish health and fitness fanatic in your life, you will want to put the Huawei Watch GT 3 Gold 42mm under the Christmas tree for $264.90 ($234.10 off). Enhance the lifestyle for that special dad or partner in your life with the HUAWEI Watch GT 3 Brown 46mm for just $269, both of which are available from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti, JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Bing Lee, Centre Com, and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
You can fill the Santa sack for that picky teenager with the latest Huawei Watch Fit 2 Active with an amazing $109.10 off at $189.90, available from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti, JB Hi-Fi, Bing Lee, Centre Com and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
Looking to upgrade your laptop to match your need for flexibility and ultimate design? Huawei has you covered. This Black Friday will also include offers on the brand’s slim design HUAWEI MateBook D14 for $999. Consumers can get their hands on these slick laptops, which deliver an enhanced level of productivity, Eye comfort mode, FullView Display and 11th Gen Intel CoreTM for an overall improved experience – offers run from 22 November to 28 November from Centre Com, Mwave, Scorptec and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
Been thinking of upgrading your tablet? Look no further as the MatePad 11 which sports a 10.95” FullView Display screen and includes the HUAWEI M-Pencil can be picked up for a nifty $669, saving you $280. Available from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
Or, looking for an affordable tablet to put under the tree for your children? The HUAWEI MatePad T10 9.7-inch display offers your children eye protection and immersive stereo sound and is on sale for $178 from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
Huawei’s newest product is also available on sale, the HUAWEI FreeBuds Pro 2. Taking the audio experience to the next level in Silver Blue, Silver Frost and Ceramic White, and save $100 as part of the Black Friday offer, available from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
Stay stylishly connected with the HUAWEI FreeBuds Lipstick for $229.90 and save $169.10 off the RRP$399, available from 22 November to 28 November from Amazon, Mobileciti and HUAWEI Experience Stores.
The smart lighting solutions from Nanoleaf, allowing you to truly explore your creativity with all kinds of shapes, lines, hexagons and other products are 20% off across the entire range from 21 November to 28 November, available from Nanoleaf, JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Bunnings, and The Good Guys.
- Whether working from home, studying or looking to set a relaxing ambience for the end of your day, the Essentials Lightstrip provides pure, rich colours and the most vivid and bright white lighting with simple personalised control. As the first ever consumer smart lighting to work with Thread, the Essentials offer a more reliable connection with a wider range of control for your daily lighting needs.
- The Nanoleaf Shapes elevate the concept of smart lighting into a creative journey of design. A combination of smart technology and sleek ultra-thin design, the modular LED light panels open limitless possibilities for you to explore, create, and play. Transform your space with multi-sensory experiences like touch interactions, real-time music sync, screen mirror, and more. Customise and create your own Scenes and Playlists in the Nanoleaf App.
- Nanoleaf Lines are smart backlit LED light bars that deliver stunning RGB illumination in a never-before-seen modular form factor. Ultra-lightweight light lines connect together at 60-degree angle increments to create intricate geometric designs on your wall. Two colour zones per bar allow for complete customisation of over 16M colours and dynamic lighting animations that flow across your entire layout. Features like Rhythm music visualisation and Screen Mirror sync with your media to transform your space with immersive shows of colour and light. Control easily with physical buttons, voice commands, or the intuitive Nanoleaf App for an elevated smart home experience. Perfect for creating an ultramodern look in the living room, desk area, battle station, or bedroom as both ambience and art.
- Nanoleaf Lines Squared are also available at 90-degree angles.
- Nanoleaf Elements bring together smart technology and bespoke lighting for a natural harmony of both worlds. Customisable modular panels finished with a wood grain veneer add an elegant and organic feel to your home. Beautiful both on and off, the textured panels create geometric wall art that illuminates with a dynamic glow to softly fill your space. Warm to cool lighting options create calming nature-inspired scenes. Choose from a list of curated scenes or paint your own breathtaking murals of light with the intuitive Nanoleaf App. Easy adhesive installation, no wiring or drilling needed.
This clever accessory maker is offering 20% off its Curve Laptop Stand and Curve Flex Laptop Stand. Available from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, and Amazon AU .
Other great items from Twelve South include:
- PowerPic mod is a world-class wireless phone charger with a design as radical as wireless charging itself. With a mix of modern elegance and versatile charging options, PowerPic mod charges all phones, including phones in cases, with an aesthetic that looks like nothing else. The lucite-framed PowerPic mod can be positioned vertically or horizontally and is even customisable with any 4×6 photo or room-matching graphic. Wirelessly charge your phone on a stand that looks more like a work of art than a typical charging dock. PowerPic mod brings wireless charging to your world in a beautiful room-enhancing design. This elegant wireless charger looks right at home on your desk, bedside table or kitchen counter. Instead of a grey plastic dock or techie-looking gadget cluttering your space, you’ll have a modern design element that looks beautiful and charges your phone at the same time.
- HoverBar Duo is a flexible arm that includes a weighted desktop base and adjustable shelf clamp. Use it like a multi-tool to get serious creative work done on an iPad. Use the sturdy shelf clamp in the kitchen to make a prototype video. Flip the stand’s New QuickSwitch Tab and snap the flexible HoverBar arm into the desktop base to finish your presentation.
- The Twelve South HoverBar Tower for iPad is a flexible floor stand that’s perfect for workouts and so much more. Attach your iPad to this height adjustable stand and work out with your favourite trainers anywhere in your home or outside in the garden. Position it low to the ground for a yoga class, at eye level for music lessons or in front of your stationary bike. HoverBar Tower can even hold iPad above your desktop monitor as a second (or third) screen.
- AirFly Pro is a wireless headphone adapter that lets you use your wireless headphones or earbuds in places that only have a headphone jack – like airplanes and treadmills. Plug this tiny transmitter into a headphone jack to listen to in-flight movies or the TVs at the gym. AirFly Pro lets two people listen to the same soundtrack, podcast or music with their favorite noise-cancelling headphones or AirPods. AirFly Pro also functions as a Bluetooth receiver as well as a transmitter. With the touch of a button, it switches to Receive mode, allowing you to stream audio from any Bluetooth audio device to your car, stereo, or any other device with a 3.5mm audio “in” jack.
- BookBook is a stylish and stealthy way to protect your most prized mobile Apple devices, including MacBook, iPad and iPhone. Each version of BookBook looks just like a vintage book and feels like every book you’ve ever held when you cradle one in your hand
A great range of products to accompany your devices will be available for 25% off from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, and Harvey Norman.
The Satechi range includes:
- Protect your desk space in style with the Satechi Eco-Leather Deskmate. Crafted from quality Polyurethane (PU) leather, the Desk Mat can be used as a mouse pad, writing surface, food mat and more, while complementing a variety of modern desk setups. Its smooth, water-resistant surface makes clean up a breeze and its durable design is safe to use with even the most sensitive wooden or varnished surfaces.
- Satechi 2-in-1 Headphone Stand with Wireless Charger features a sleek stainless-steel arm with padded grips, a USB-C port to keep your headset charged, and a convenient wireless charger to also power your iPhone 13 or AirPods Pro while you work. Complete with a convenient hook to help organise messy cables and an LED light to show when your wireless device is charging. Features padded grips to protect your headphones and a USB-C charging port to keep them powered for when you need it. Max output 7.5W. Designed with convenience and style in mind, the headphone stand features a sleek stainless-steel arm and space grey aluminium base to complement nearly any setup.
- Satechi 100W USB-C PD Compact GaN Charger features a powerful Gallium nitride (GaN) technology for a noticeably faster, more efficient charge. Equipped with dual USB-C PD ports and a USB-A port, the charger consolidates three adapters and intelligently adjusts its power output according to its connected devices – up to 100W.
- Satechi 3-in-1 Magnetic Wireless Charging Stand features a wireless charging support for all your Apple devices to quickly power your iPhone 13 (7.5W), Apple Watch (2.5W), and AirPods Pro (5W) simultaneously. Equipped with an easy-to-use magnetic connection to keep your iPhone in perfect view and works either in Portrait or Landscape mode, ideal to answer FaceTime calls or reply to messages while charging. For added functionality, the Apple Watch piece can be removed to power your watch on-the-go when connected to a powered USB-C port.
iTWire has previously looked at some of these products here and here.
30% off Bonelk , from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, and The Good Guys . You can see the Bonelk laptop stands in action here. They are a great range of foldable, robust, aluminium stands.a
15% off Morphée, from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, and Amazon AU.
Fall asleep easily, and quickly, and enjoy a deep and restful sleep with Morphée, a non-digital sleep aid device. 200+ combinations of meditation and relaxation sessions, designed and validated by sleep experts, address stress and anxiety and improve users’ sleep. Check out iTWire’s previous review here.
Morphée also has a kid’s version available, helping children as young as three years old to fall asleep easily, and quickly, and enjoy a deep and restful sleep with Morphée, a non-digital sleep aid device. 190 combinations of meditation and relaxation sessions, designed and validated by sleep experts, address stress and anxiety, improving the user’s confidence and sleep.
View Plus from Airthings delivers the most advanced air quality tech, giving you complete control over the air you breathe and the power to change it. 9 out of 10 people in the world breathe unsafe air according to WHO guidelines. With View Plus, you can keep your family safe from air pollutants: radon, particulate matter (PM), carbon dioxide (CO2), humidity, temp, airborne chemicals (VOCs) and air pressure. When there is so much that is out of your control—pollution, asthma, allergies, wildfire, virus— you have more control than you think when it comes to indoor air quality with View Plus. Airthings View Plus is battery operated (or powered by USB), wireless and WiFi connected, and includes a customisable display, app (iOS/Android) and online dashboard with full data and reporting. Small changes make a big difference when you know what’s in the air you breathe.
This Black Friday you can get 25% off Airthings Wave Mini from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, and Amazon AU .
25% off Backbone, from 20 November, at JB Hi-Fi .
$50 off Tado, from $179.99 down to $129.99, available from JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, Harvey Norman, and Amazon AU .
The tado Smart AC Control V3+ is the smart way to control your AC. It replaces your existing remote control and connects to your Wi-Fi – without additional wiring. The tado Smart AC control is your Climate Assistant that takes care of your comfort at home and helps to reduce your energy bill. Control your AC from anywhere with the tado app on your phone and have a clear overview of your climate history and savings. The intuitive app enables you to control various functions of your air conditioner/heat pump from anywhere, more comfortably and efficiently than ever before. Reduce your energy consumption, save money and enjoy the perfect room temperature at all times with the help of intelligent Skills: Geofencing, Open Window Detection, Weather Adaptations.
Xencelabs is offering savings on its tablets:
- $100 off medium tablet bundle @ $499.99, down from $599.99
- $70 off medium tablet @ $399.99 from $469.99
- $40 off small tablet @ $299.99 from $339.99
- $110 off medium tablet bundle SE (white) @ $549.99 from $549.99
The Xencelabs range is available from Amazon AU and other supporting retailers.
Designed with input from industry-leading artists, the Xencelabs Pen Tablet Medium delivers a minimalist design that prioritises workflow, comfort, and intuitive use in a portable, compact size. It includes additional accessories and tools providing a cost-effective and natural drawing experience for professionals. With more sensitivity than leading competitors, you can make and control the lightest strokes. Our tablet also includes one-button access for pen pressure curve controls, which allows you to adjust your pen’s sensitivity. Two different-sized pens come with the Xencelabs tablet, both fully customisable to your workflow with customisable buttons and erasers. The tablet features a seamless and gently curved palm rest to maximise comfort, as well as adjustable LED lights, which help define the active drawing area. The drawing surface aspect ratio is 16:9 native. The tablet ships with a protective carrying case for your tablet and all of your accessories including, a drawing glove, and a pen case that contains both digital pens, dongle, adapter, nibs, and nib extractor.
Nextbase Dash Cams has 20% off its full range at The Good Guys. The range includes the entry-level 122 Dash Cam from $99 RRP, with the best in market 622GW at $549 RRP. Perfect ahead of your summer road trip, a Dash Cam adds another layer of safety to your travels. iTWire previously looked at the Mextnase 622GW here.
Features included in the Nextbase range:
- Parking mode
- Auto start with vehicle
- Night vision
- Connect to a smartphone via Wi-Fi and 5GHz Wi-Fi, the latter of which has never before been featured in a Dash Cam
- Stereo Audio Recording
- Alexa Built-In
Poly has a range of unique and premium gifts for all gadget-loving audiophiles in your life, available from authorised Poly Australian resellers and the Poly Australia eBay store.
Looking for a perfect gift for hi-fi enthusiasts? The Poly Sync Family USB/Bluetooth smart speakerphones will surely hit all the right notes. With sleek modern design and enterprise-grade audio, the Poly sync speakerphones deliver remarkable sound for meetings and music. With the all-in-one Poly Sync 10 and Sync 20 USB speakerphone, your loved ones will be impressed with its premium audio for calls, webinars, podcasts, music, and more. Its two-microphone steerable array reduces surrounding noise, and its easy-to-use touch-sensitive controls ensure smooth collaboration experiences.
The Poly Sync 10 ranges from $199 as marked online and the Poly Sync 20+ from AU$268.95.
If you’re shopping for a travel lover or someone always on the go, be sure to check out the Poly Voyager Focus 2 headset, from $348.95. Powered with three levels of hybrid active noise cancellation and Acoustic Fence technology, the Voyager Focus 2 blocks out background noises and other distractions to help you get and stay in the zone whenever you’re on the road. With its lightweight headband, super cushioned sling, and plush ear cushions, you can expect the all-day comfort that you need.
Travel and work with Poly Voyager 4300 UC Series from $329.95. This perfect entry-level Bluetooth wireless headset ticks all the boxes. With up to 24 hours of talk time and all-day comfort, make those long travel and catch-up calls with family and friends a little easier. The Poly Voyager 4300 UC Series produces outstanding audio and eliminates background noise with its dual-mic Acoustic Fence technology.
With exceptional camera optics and automatic low-light compensation, the Poly Studio P5 webcam from $129.95 is perfect for that loved one who could talk for hours and craves a connection with family and friends. This professional webcam delivers excellent video quality, 1080p resolution with a 4x digital zoom camera, which will make your favourite social butterfly look their best.
The Poly Studio P15 personal video bar, from $823.99, has all things every technophile needs. It delivers exceptional optics, a high-performance 4K image sensor, powerful audio, automatic camera framing, and cutting-edge noise-blocking technology in one sleek device to look and sound your best on video calls.
Creative Technology has specially curated a list of Black Friday deals from 25 November to 28 November with offers going for up to 65% off, while stock lasts.
- Super X-Fi headphone amp for Android users from $229.95 to $79.95, 65% off
- Creative Zen Hybrid Wireless over-ear Headphones with Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation from $174.95 to $84.95, 51% off
- Creative SXFi Gamer USB-C gaming headset with Super X-Fi technology and CommanderMic from $209.95 to $89.95, 57% off
- Creative Outlier Pro true wireless sweatproof In-ear headphones with Hybrid ANC from $119.95 to $94.95, 21% off
- Creative Stage 360 2K QHD webcam with 4X digital zoom and built-in mics from $349.95 to $279.95, 20% off
- SoundBlaster X Katana multi-channel gaming soundbar from $499.95 to $314.95, 37% off
- SoundBlaster H6 7.1 USB gaming headset with virtual surround sound for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC from $129.95 to $69.95, 46% off
- Create SXFi Air Gamer USB-C gaming headset with Bluetooth 4.2 and CommanderMic from $209.95 to $179.95, 14% off
Image credit: Eric.Ray, under the Creative Commons license. Source.